And by recently, I mean close to 10 months ago.
Did you think I forgot about my goals? No, it’s not true. I didn’t forget about them, I’ve just been doing them and some self reflection on how I’ve been obtaining them.
suggest, prepare, plan, audition, direct, and let go of a production
I am currently in the planning phase. I’d like to be further along with the blocking and character development but I have made some steady progress considering I still have a lot of time to prepare. Also, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve been helping out and working on other productions.
- Apprentice as a producer for a production
Oh, this one is hard and should probably move to the long term goals–the next season has been picked and directors had to have producers before submissions so… not making it for 2018-2019! Why was this only a month long goal anyway?
- Complete the WDW Fairy Tale Challenge
So many feelings. I don’t know if I could cover this one again; read about my delay here. At least only for 2018.
- Earn the Perfect Prefect medals with the Hogwarts Running Club
I am well on my way for earning this set of medals. So far three 5Ks are under my belt but July is a half marathon in honor of Hagrid! I can’t wait to earn this one.
- Finish 26.2 miles with Run the Winery race program
Why are there so many running goals? Because it’s important to me and I need to focus on it for my personal success. I did miss a 10 miler due to literally having blisters covering my feet. I don’t tolerate blisters at all and this was a bummer. The winery was gorgeous. I am making up for it with the above half marathon run.
- Plan out and finish 2-3 more semesters of school (I think this will tilt me over the 66.66% required to graduate)
I wasn’t wrong! Two fully booked semesters and then perhaps 1 more class and I am done.
- Research different (to me) genres of shows
I’m not going to lie, I definitely forgot this one existed. I’m glad I checked it out and brought it back to my attention.
- Complete professional training for career
Constant and never ending. This is a move to long term goals.
- Plan 3 excursions – one friend trip, one family trip, one solo trip
I don’t know how solo it is but my trip in August is supposed to be the very untogether trip… I don’t think my mom is going to leave my side but a girl can dream.
- Read 5 non-school books
I started this–does Harry Potter count?
- Audition for four shows in the 2018 calendar year (not production season)
This did not happen. However, I think at the time of writing it it was possible. I am more than half way through the calendar year and will only accomplish one more audition, so two total. Not bad, I’d put this in the completed column.
- Build out portfolio of accomplishments (pictures of costumes, make up, set work, etc.)
I am so bad at this! I never take photos of my accomplishments. I am going to do my best to do this for Curtains, All Shook Up, and my show come June!
Read five scripts in my desktop folder
Another goal that I forgot about. I am crossing this one out so I can focus on researching different genres of shows.
- Plot out one script with stage directions, costume themes, set design, sound/music
The goal for June 2019 is well underway.
- Run 4 to 5 times a week (Half marathon training is in full swing)
You know, I don’t know how I thought this was possible while managing three shows at any one time but here I am… not managing it! I have to be more realistic and holistic. I cancelled my gym membership and my personal training membership. I’m going to be looking at other types of workouts in the future (once I use up my pass), so I can better prepare to run (cycling, cross fit, etc.).